~ Recommended Resources ~
* Boundaries ~ When to say Yes, When to say No, to take control of your life – Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
* Safe People ~ How to find relationships that are good for you and avoid those that aren’t – Dr. Henry Cloud & Dr. John Townsend
* CoDependent No More ~ How to stop controlling others and start caring for yourself – Melody Beattie
* Act Like a Lady – Think Like a Man ~ What men really think about love, relationships, intimacy, and commitment – Steve Harvey
* The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work ~ A practical guide from the country’s foremost Relationship Expert – John M. Gottman, Ph.D., and Nan Silver
* Love & Respect ~ The Love she most desires – The Respect he desperately needs – Dr. Emerson Eggerichs
* His Needs, Her Needs ~ Building an Affair-Proof Marriage – Willard F. Harley, Jr.
* The Five Languages of Love ~ How to express heartfelt commitment to your mate – Gary Chapman
* Hold On To Your KIDS ~ Why Parents need to matter more than Peers – Gordon Neufeld, Ph.D, & Gabor Mate, M.D.; “… original insights on parent-child attachments & how parents can restore them … revitalizing families & rekindling the song in their children’s hearts.” Raffi
* Scattered Minds ~ A new look at the origins & healing of Attention Deficit Disorder, ADD – Gabor Mate, M.D.
HEALING & HOPE for Abuse Victims & Addictions:
* The Healing Path ~ How the hurts in your past can lead you to a more abundant life – Dan B. Allender, Ph.D.
* The Wounded Heart ~ Hope for adult victims of childhood sexual abuse – Dr. Dan B. Allender
* In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts ~ Close Encounters with Addiction – Gabor Mate, M.D.; “A harrowingly honest, compassionate, sometimes angry look at addiction & the people whose lives have been disordered by it.”
* Deadly Emotions ~ Understanding the Mind – Body – Spirit connection that can heal or destroy you – Don Colbert, M.D.
* When the Body Says NO ~ The Cost of Hidden Stress – Gabor Mate, M.D.
* Days of Healing, Days of Joy ~ Hazelden Meditation Series – Daily meditations for Adult Children of Alcoholics that inform, inspire, and help to heal … provides support & guidance in maintaining an emotionally & spiritually balanced life.
A SPIRITUAL JOURNEY:
* have a little faith ~ a true story “… about life’s purpose; about losing belief & finding it again; about the divine spark inside us all. It is one man’s journey, but it is everyone’s story.” – Mitch Albom (Tuesdays with Morrie)
* Rumors of Another World ~ What on earth are we missing – Philip Yancey
* The Purpose Driven Life ~ What on earth am I here for? – Rick Warren
* The Ragamuffin Gospel ~ Embracing the unconditional love of God – Brennan Manning
* I Am My Father’s Son ~ A memoir of love & forgiveness – Dan Hill
* The Artist’s Way ~ A spiritual path to higher creativity – Julia Cameron
* Proof of Heaven ~ A Neurosurgeon’a Journey into the Afterlife – Eben Alexander, M.D.
* The Shack ~ Where Tragedy Confronts Eternity … “Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?” – Wm. Paul Young
* Seabiscuit ~ A true story of brokenness & losses, courage to overcome great adversity, commitment, desire & determination to beat odds, resiliency, and success
* Freedom Writers ~ A true story of how providing “safe attachments” can heal deep wounds & develop self-worth, self-esteem, define one’s identity & give a sense of life purpose
* Fireproof ~ Never leave your partner behind … a great resource to help strengthen & affirm marriages
* Courageous ~ Honor begins at home… personal choices, mentoring & role-modelling a life of integrity, courage, commitment & love of family values